“ART AND CULTURE ARE UNDERUTILIZED assets in community planning and development. Working with artists can help improve stakeholder engagement in planning in a number of ways and contribute to plans and developments that represent and serve the people who live in a community” (from How to do Creative Placemaking (NEA, 2017)).
- Understanding Our Community
- Connecting Arts and Place – Creative Placemaking
- A Neighborhood Creativity Inventory: Imagine a community in which we align the talents and creative energy of all willing residents. Who’s creative in your neighborhood?
- We’re starting a list. You and your neighbors can fill out the quick mini-survey. For talented youth, please put down a parent’s name and contact information.
- We’ll provide the list to the neighborhood leaders for this and for other projects they might be undertaking.
- We’ll also send out calls for participation in small community projects, art selection panels and more.
Here are some under-bridge examples from around the country: